Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tagged

Tagged by Gauri. Never been tagged before, but this one comes with a divine intervention for reasons best kept secret.

So the tag is about 5 things (i would double that) which the better (by a mile) half (just half???) has changed in me. That really requires not much of thinking, possible to answer with one word - EVERYTHING.

But I assume tag requires one to be more specific, so here it goes-

  1. She has changed my outlook towards marriage. I assumed life would change after marriage and I was right and completely wrong. It changes but surprisingly for the better. Not only do I do all the things which i did (boys nightouts, golf, video games, all night movie watching, drinking insanely) before marriage but now there is a friend at home also to continue the party. Now i actively recommend marriage to everyone, including strangers, even people I hate (this I used to do before also but for different reasons).
  2. A little (this one is miniscule but of astronomical proportions relatively) sense of responsibility. Reminders are required, but her positive attitude towards anything, home or office, has brought a definite change. And even that small change has helped in my professional life - I procrastinate less, take more responsibility, am little more proactive, less lazy. Its gradual but i am getting there.
  3. I have been to, seen more places with her and because of her. She has this itch in the feet wherein we need to do things and visit places where we have never been before and things done before. Journey is still on and before we are done I am sure she would ensure we have visited every country in the world and every city in India worth seeing atleast once.
  4. She has been able to change pronunciations that were genetically coded in my thick punjabi accent. Enunciation is better, I can not only write this word but say it too, and also entrepreneur, strategy, milieu and zillion more.
  5. Due to her unparalleled cooperation i am today a superhero, conqueror of the universe, the bete-noire/nemesis of green goblin and father of an adorable daughter.
  6. Her amazing optimism and zest for life has rubbed on my head in the sand pessimism.
  7. I read better books, change my wardrobe once a year (against the earlier average of when the threads vanish with washing), have clipped nails, clean haircut and a shaved, well scrubbed face. And better manners - now i remember to say goodbye to the hosts when we are leaving their house.
  8. I have a better career because of her, she encouraged me to change, take risks - do whatever I wanted.
  9. I can tolerate my relatives now, just barely. I do not get angry while driving (that probably saved me from getting shot one of these days). I have learnt it is possible to talk to people you are meeting for the first time or don't like in more than monosyllables and about things other than weather.
  10. I am in a better shape to flirt than I have ever been in my life, so good that I think I can probably manage another wife (hey come on, you can't expect me to say only the right things).

So thanks to her I am still ME but a BETTER ME.

i tag

Manoj

Sudip

Kundan

Anupama

4 comments:

Sue said...

Delightful post :D

Cheers to Gouri!!

Gauri Gharpure said...

thanks for taking this one up.. Atul (who tagged me) would be really happy to see this tag rolling along.. nicely done...

Gauri Gharpure said...

another tag, do it when u feel like..

WeirdISgooD said...

This has to be the sweetest post I've ever read, and nicely done too :)