Friday, February 22, 2008

Move your word

Have you ever played chess? If you have you will know what I am talking about.

It’s a beautiful addictive game. And people who play it love to play it every day, anywhere, anytime.

It is played in the mind but sometimes the mind also plays the game with the game.

If you leave the game once, for whatsoever short time, it is a very hard to start again.

Now if you would listen to me, I will share a secret - this our friend mind by nature is a lazy bugger- hates working, hates thinking – and if given a choice would rather sleep than exercise those grey cells.

So when the mind gets a chance to laze it gets practically impossible to raise it from the slumber.

Writing in that way is like playing chess, assembling your forces in the mind and then pushing your weapons forward, pushing a word here, hiding a metaphor there, tricking, weaving a perfect web where the reader will find no way of escaping your world and your logic.
So coming back to the original question, have you ever played Chess?

If you have you would now why I couldn’t write for the last so many days.

Checkmate, finally.

I win this time.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I have played chess, loved it and left it. I also write ocassionally.

you may total sense in this piece ! :)

sudip bhattacharya said...

never played chess, but agree with you. this idleness of mind reminds me of lot of creative people i know, who prefer doing nothing.

Sue said...

oops.... i meant 'make' total sense..