Thursday, January 31, 2008

30th January

Yes we all know that Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated on that day.

But we live in busy times and details sometimes slip from our cluttered mind.

Yesterday I completely forgot about the day.

I came home from switched on the TV and saw, as expected, the news covering the story.

As I sat there watching TV, my subconscious pricked me, reminded me, goaded me, yes Mahatma Gandhi was killed on this day, but dude there is a much bigger, titanic scale tragedy which happened on this day.

I tried to clear the fog and then I remembered it was also Sudip and Anu’s wedding anniversary.

Congratulations Anu and my heartfelt sympathies are with you Sudip.

1 comment:

superconfused said...

thanks...... on congratulating me on a great deed. hopefully i ll also sympathise with someone...